Is your PRB swag collection deficient? Could you use more laptop decals? YES. YES, YOU COULD. And now you can have them!
Here’s how: Every month or so, the WPRB blog is going to host a trivia session with a PRIZE! We’re going to start with two rounds–the first round will be ten questions, and the answers will have a mystery theme. The second round will be four movie mashups.
What’s a movie mashup? We take the last word of one movie title and bleed it into the first word of a second movie title–and then we give you the plot. For example–if the clue was ‘a movie about a whale who inherits a candy factory’, the answer would be ‘Free Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory’.
To enter, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following things:
- The answers to the first round
- The mystery theme to the first round
- The answers to the second round
If you get every question right, we’ll send you some sweet decals and probably something hilarious.
- This feature of the weather involving bright plasma was named after the patron saint of sailors.
- This US President left school at fourteen to support his family—he had eight siblings.
- Two flamingos, 50 red cardinals and starlings and six penguins attended the London premiere of this Hitchcock horror classic.
- This stuffy Macmillan is a Hufflepuff at Hogwarts, and once accused Harry Potter of being the Heir of Slytherin.
- They produce a lot of chapstick and handcream now, but originally, this earth-friendly organization was a candle-making company in Maine.
- American comedian Dave Barry once drove the hot-dog-shaped vehicle owned by this company to pick his (utterly mortified) son up from high school.
- In this film, featuring John Goodman and Billy Crystal, the Pixar team had to animate the 2,320,413 hairs on the protagonist’s body.
- Besides The Three Musketeers, one of Alexander Dumas’s most popular works was this book, the story of a man falsely imprisoned.
- Franny, one of J.D. Salinger’s Glass family members, is most often paired with this sibling.
- The Avengers’ Black Widow’s real name is…
- A lovable golden retriever with a great jaw line jets around the country firing people, but it’s cute because a dog does it.
- A stable boy braves many trials to rescue his fiancee from her dysfunctional, alcoholic family and a teddy bear named Aloysius.
- A Thai ruler accidentally falls in love with his robot governess, and the apocalypse ensues.
- Because of religious differences, a girl is forced to betray her King and her school by disguising herself as a man a playing lots of soccer.
So there you go! Don’t cheat on the Internet. Only losers cheat at trivia. Even though they technically win.
Email your answers to email@example.com!