WPRB will be there, so you should be there too!
Some PRB friends are heading down to NYC on October 5th for the New York Academy of Medicine‘s Festival of Medical History and the Arts.
There is too much amazing stuff going down for me to describe it all here. If you want to find out lots of details, you should check out the Observer press release.
But some highlights:
1. Oliver Sacks! And Amy Herzog!
2. Craniokelpty (Skull thievery) !
3. Books bound in human skin!
4. Anatomical drawing and carbon dust and dances of death!
5. Medical wax!
6. What is medical wax?
7. I don’t know! That’s why I’m going to this festival!
So come dissect things and be grossed out and learn about the myriad studies of death and doom and gloom and medicine.